Monday, December 03, 2007

Corporate Blog Guidelines

I like this sensible advice from Lance Wiggs.

Keeps it simple, and has two basic themes

1. Blogging is a conversation - it's happening whether you are there or not. If you want to be part of that conversation then make an effort and be part of it!

2. If you're going to be part of it, be genuine. And you don't have to give your company secrets away to participate.

I know its common sense but sometimes that is a rare commodity in corporate land.

I've been interested in Paul Brislen's presence in various forums, in particular geekzone. I am sure that it makes those forums richer for the fact that Paul is out there with Vodafone's view on a regular basis. I do note that Paul doesn't have his own blog - any idea why that is?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

and who's to say I DON'T have my own blog, Miki?

I do but it's not work related. Shhh. Don't tell anyone.

Cheers

Paul

Miki Szikszai said...

oooh - the suspense is too much! How about a link I can't seem to find it anywhere...

Anonymous said...

Paul is a top man who gets this stuff - let's not blame him for his employer's faults.....

Miki Szikszai said...

No blame intended - it's a genuine question. And I am still searching in vain for Paul's non work related blog - I am sure it is good !

Anonymous said...

audent.wordpress.com

there, it's out now.